Everyone knows Southwest Florida is a world famous for having the best beaches in the country, but it's also becoming known widely for its super-hot nightlife. Here are just a few of the awesome clubs, bars, and hangout spots in the Sarasota/Bradenton area. Be sure to check them out - and tell them 941area.com sent you!
- Sarasota Sky Bar - Conveniently located on Ringling Boulevard, this spacious two-story club offers a welcoming environment, live music, crazy signature drinks, and a vast selection of local craft beers. Don't forget to check out the architecture - Sarasota Sky is housed in the historic Charles Ringling Building built in 1926.
- The Gator Club - The Gator Club combines past and present in a beautifully restored 1913 brick building featuring the latest hot DJ's and live music. This watering hole has been a fixture in downtown Sarasota for generations - stop in and get to know their impressive whiskey selection.
- The Beach Club Siesta Key - A relaxed beach bar by day, the Beach Club transforms into a hip nightclub once the sun sets. Enjoy their insane daily Happy Hour from noon - 7pm, featuring $4 margaritas and Bloody Marys. If you're more of a beer fan, Beach Club hosts the daily CraftDraft Power Hour from 5pm - 8pm, with loads of tasty brews to choose from.
- Joyland Country Music Club - Joyland was originally an amusement park in Pinellas Park, FL in the 1950's, then became known as one of the hottest country music venues nationally, and moved to their current Bradenton location in 1994. Get ready to rock some cowboy boots, do some line dancing, and enjoy FREE Bud Light longnecks, wine, or well drinks on Wednesday nights from 9:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- Pangea Alchemy Lab - This European-style lounge in downtown Sarasota has it all, whether you are into traditional cocktails or the trendiest New Age drinks. Pangea offers up a huge selection of adult beverages, crafted by specially trained "Bar-Barian" craft bartenders. Try the "I Fink You Freaky" - a Scotch-based libation inspired by tiki Christmas in South Africa.
There's plenty of nightlife in Sarasota, Bradenton, and the rest of the 941, so get out there and have a blast! Keep checking 941area.com for the latest news on the area's hottest hangouts.
Image Courtesy of Public Domain Pictures