Upcoming Events at
Dec 9, 2017 | 7:00 AM | Saturday
The 41st Annual Sandy Claws Beach Run 5K and 1-Mile Fun Run takes place on Saturday, Dec. 9 on beautiful Siesta Beach, #1 beach in the USA!
Start on : December 9, 2017 7:00 AM Saturday
End on : December 9, 2017 10:00 AM Saturday
Set a fast pace on the hard-packed world-renowned white quartz sands or enjoy a leisurely stroll along the shore. This race, co-sponsored by Sarasota County Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources and Dr. Heidi K. Anderson-DOCS, is sanctioned by the Manasota Track Club and chip-timed. Participants receive a finisher medal. Enjoy the post-race party with music, holiday-themed costume contest, raffle prizes, holiday photo op and food and beverages. Early packet pickup party, hosted by New Balance Sarasota, 1872 Stickney Point Road, is Thursday, Dec. 7 from 3-6 p.m.
Registration link: http://tinyurl.com/y82wle4u
Get your Sandy Claws on:
• Pre-registered runners receive the highly collectible long-sleeve event shirt in your choice of wicking or 100% cotton and race bag. Race day registrants receive event shirts while supplies last.
• All participants receive a finisher medal.
• Custom trophies are awarded to male and female overall, master, grandmaster, senior grandmaster, veteran.
• Age group winners 1st-3rd place receive custom trophies and 4th-6th place receive custom ribbons.
• Holiday-themed costume contest.
• Holiday photo op - remember your camera!
• Raffle prizes.
Prices as follows:
-- 5K Adult: $25 by Nov. 20/ $30 by Dec. 4/ $35 Race day
-- 5K Youth: $20 by Nov. 20/ $25 by Dec. 4/ $30 Race day
-- 1 Mile: $20 by Nov. 20/ $25 by Dec. 4/ $30 Race Day
-- Family (2 Adults, 2 Youth): $70 by Nov. 20/ $85 by Dec. 4
Event Details and Schedule:
Thursday, Dec. 7
• Early packet pick-up 3-6 p.m. at New Balance Sarasota, 1872 Stickney Point Road
Saturday, Dec. 9
• Check-in/Race day registration takes place on the beach near the elevated concession/restroom building.
• Race day registration: 7-8 a.m.
• Packet pick-up: 7-8 a.m.
• One-mile Fun Run start: 8 a.m.
• 5K start: 8:20 a.m.
• Holiday-themed costume contest: 9:30 a.m.
Who does this event benefit? Send a kid to camp! The proceeds of the Sandy Claws Beach Run benefits Adopt-A-Camper, providing financial assistance to qualifying county residents who attend a Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources summer adventure, day