Upcoming Events at
32nd Annual Run for the Turtles
Time to dust off those running shoes and get ready for the 32nd Annual Run for the Turtles! Our run supports the Sea Turtle Conservation & Research Program at Mote Marine Laboratory and is the Program's major fundraiser — it's helping us help sea turtles!
Dec 9, 2017 | 7:00 AM | Saturday
The 41st Annual Sandy Claws Beach Run 5K and 1-Mile Fun Run takes place on Saturday, Dec. 9 on beautiful Siesta Beach, #1 beach in the USA!
Start on : December 9, 2017 7:00 AM Saturday
End on : December 9, 2017 10:00 AM Saturday
Set a fast pace on the hard-packed world-renowned white quartz sands or enjoy a leisurely stroll along the shore. This race, co-sponsored by Sarasota County Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources and Dr. Heidi K. Anderson-DOCS, is sanctioned by the Manasota Track Club and chip-timed. Participants receive a finisher medal. Enjoy the post-race party with music, holiday-themed costume contest, raffle prizes, holiday photo op and food and beverages. Early packet pickup party, hosted by New Balance Sarasota, 1872 Stickney Point Road, is Thursday, Dec. 7 from 3-6 p.m.
Registration link: http://tinyurl.com/y82wle4u
Get your Sandy Claws on:
• Pre-registered runners receive the highly collectible long-sleeve event shirt in your choice of wicking or 100% cotton and race bag. Race day registrants receive event shirts while supplies last.
• All participants receive a finisher medal.
• Custom trophies are awarded to male and female overall, master, grandmaster, senior grandmaster, veteran.
• Age group winners 1st-3rd place receive custom trophies and 4th-6th place receive custom ribbons.
• Holiday-themed costume contest.
• Holiday photo op - remember your camera!
• Raffle prizes.
Prices as follows:
-- 5K Adult: $25 by Nov. 20/ $30 by Dec. 4/ $35 Race day
-- 5K Youth: $20 by Nov. 20/ $25 by Dec. 4/ $30 Race day
-- 1 Mile: $20 by Nov. 20/ $25 by Dec. 4/ $30 Race Day
-- Family (2 Adults, 2 Youth): $70 by Nov. 20/ $85 by Dec. 4
Event Details and Schedule:
Thursday, Dec. 7
• Early packet pick-up 3-6 p.m. at New Balance Sarasota, 1872 Stickney Point Road
Saturday, Dec. 9
• Check-in/Race day registration takes place on the beach near the elevated concession/restroom building.
• Race day registration: 7-8 a.m.
• Packet pick-up: 7-8 a.m.
• One-mile Fun Run start: 8 a.m.
• 5K start: 8:20 a.m.
• Holiday-themed costume contest: 9:30 a.m.
Who does this event benefit? Send a kid to camp! The proceeds of the Sandy Claws Beach Run benefits Adopt-A-Camper, providing financial assistance to qualifying county residents who attend a Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources summer adventure, day